Director of Property Management
New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development organizations in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development. It has provided training to community development professionals from around the country and the world, having hosted representatives from more than twenty countries throughout the years. Celebrating its 50th anniversary, the mission of New Community is to help residents of inner cities improve the quality of their lives to reflect individual God-given dignity and personal achievement.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Property manager is responsible for the overall management of New Community Corporation’s affordable housing including approximately 1,600 residential family and senior units within several different locations within Newark and Hudson County.
- Oversee the financial expectations and physical maintenance of all NCC housing.
- Ensure NCC Housing is complying with HMFA, LIHTC Program and FHA rules and regulations.
- The Director will lead a staff of 17 ensuring property compliance, budgeting, occupancy and financial performance.
- Proficient in HUD regulations, requirements and reimbursement procedures
- Ensure reimbursement to maintain stream of income
- Ensure Property Management are adhering to rent collection procedures
- Ability to work within a multifaceted corporation
- Meet strategic goals set forth by corporation.
- Provide support and guidance to PropertyManagement Staff Create reports for distribution to internal and external stakeholders Proficient knowledge of YARDI Property Management System
- Ten years’ experience housing leadership and management and Certified Property Manager (CPM) experience.