Branch Chief, HUD, NYC
This opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under Announcement 18-HUD-460. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
The Office of Housing provides vital public services through its nationally administered programs. It oversees the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), the largest mortgage insurer in the world, and regulates important parts of the housing industry. The Office of Housing also helps ensure consumers can access housing counseling and provides affordable rental housing through its Multifamily housing program. The Office of Housing is committed to helping all Americans obtain safe, decent affordable housing.
The Office of Multifamily Housing is responsible for the overall management, development, direction and administration of HUD's Multifamily Housing Programs. HUD's Multifamily programs provide mortgage insurance to HUD-approved lenders to facilitate the construction, substantial rehabilitation, purchase and refinancing of multifamily housing projects. MFH is widely responsible for production, asset management and portfolio oversight, and recapitalization of assisted properties, and field operations. As part of the National Housing Act of 1934, Congress created the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) which later became a part of the Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) Office of Housing in 1965.
- Manage the efficient and effective coordination of evaluating new developments in the market place that could have a potential impact on the business and to enhance our business practices to adapt to market changes.
- Distribute and balance the workload, including the estimation on work completion, to ensure excellent customer service to lenders and stakeholders.
- Perform technical review of work in progress or finished work products of colleagues for accuracy, adequacy, and soundness.
- Be responsible for asset management activities assigned to the team.
- Be responsible for maintaining individual asset servicing timelines as they relate to the management plan goals