Chief Operating Officer
Management Company: Jewish Community Housing Corporation of Metropolitan New Jersey - West Orange, NJ
Date to Remove Job Post: 12/1/2018
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Job Description: Jewish Community Housing Corporation of Metropolitan New Jersey
The Jewish Community Housing Corporation of Metropolitan New Jersey (JCHC), a leading provider of senior citizen housing, is seeking a seasoned, forward-thinking Chief Operating Officer (COO). A key member of the JCHC’s three-person senior management team, the COO is responsible for administering and coordinating the day-to-day activities and programs of the organization, including four communities in both Essex and Morris Counties with independent living (affordable, mixed-income and market-rate), assisted living and memory care options.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the COO oversees the work of the JCHC Management Team to ensure the highest quality living environment for more than 500 seniors who call our buildings their home. At the same time, as the JCHC expands its portfolio and the needs of the senior population increases, the COO will play a major role in helping to manage that growth and to bring new, innovative programs and identify other opportunities to benefit residents current and future.
Job Requirements: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Advises and consults with the CEO on organizational strategy, plans and operational implementation and development;
• Serves as a staff liaison to the JCHC’s Board of Trustees, including preparing written reports, attending board meetings and working with board committees;
• Directly supervises the JCHC Management Team and Executive Assistant to the COO;
• Coordinates corporate marketing efforts;
• Monitors implementation of capital improvement projects, preventative maintenance plans and security team initiatives for all buildings;
• Oversees the implementation of dining programs for residents and other seniors (e.g., Kosher Meals on Wheels, etc.),
• Represents the organization in local collaborative efforts and membership organizations and at public functions, as needed, in place of the CEO;
• Ensures organizational compliance with all applicable federal, state and local legal and regulatory requirements and accrediting body standards;
• Functions as the Quality Improvement Director for assisted living;
• Supervises preparation for and responses to physical inspections and Management Occupancy Reviews conducted on behalf of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development;
• Oversees the state-funded Congregate Housing Services Program for low-income senior residents at two buildings;
• Works with the CEO, CFO and Management Team on devising operating and capital budgets and reviewing organizational financial performance;
• Monitors implementation of JCHC signature quality of life initiatives while seeking out new programming opportunities to enhance resident experience;
• Devises and implements other assessment tools to measure organizational performance, including resident satisfaction. Designs plans to make needed improvements;
• Establishes open and effective communication with residents and their families;
• Fills in for the CEO during his/her absence; and,
• Handles such other responsibilities as assigned by the CEO.
• Minimum of seven (7) years overseeing organizational operations. Prior experience with operations management in both nonprofit and for-profit settings a plus;
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in related field (e.g., MBA, etc.) a plus;
• Familiarity with HUD Section 202/8 and federal Low Income Housing Tax Credit programs and regulations;
• Familiarity with State of New Jersey assisted living/memory care regulations. Current CALA License a plus;
• Keen understanding of how to prepare budgets and interpret financial reports to be able to determine status of operations and suggest operational modifications as needed;
• Excellent computer skills, including high skill proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel and use of e-mail and the internet. Ability to learn new software packages as needed;
• Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as Board Members, outside clients and vendors;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Commitment to our mission of enhancing the lives of senior citizens and derives enjoyment interacting with seniors.
How to Apply : Start Date: December 15, 2018
To Apply: Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements by mail, e-mail or FAX.
By mail to:
Jewish Community Housing Corporation of Metropolitan New Jersey
760 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, NJ 07052
ATTN: COO Search
By e-mail to: email@example.com
By FAX to: 973-731-9225
Absolutely no phone calls.
Any Other Details to Post: Compensation: Commensurate with experience and education. Will include a competitive benefits package with comprehensive health and dental insurance, retirement plan and more.